Dentist Laredo Brushing and Flossing

Dentist Laredo Explains Importance of Brushing and Flossing

Your dentist Laredo, TX has many patients that don’t floss or brush as recommended. It is extremely detrimental to both your oral health and your overall health to brush twice a day and floss once a day. Those with poor oral hygiene habits are at an increased risk of oral issues, gum disease, and other issues.

 

Do you follow advice from your dentist Laredo TX? It is important to do so. Dr. Maya Zuniga is looking out for her patients; she wants to see their smiles strong and bright. Brushing on a daily basis cleans 65% of your mouth, and flossing helps to clean the remaining 35% .

 

Brushing cleans mostly the surface areas of our teeth. Flossing, however, helps to clean those hard to reach places, like between our teeth. Your dentist Laredo Recommends flossing before you brush. This helps to create better access for the bristles of your toothbrush to go between the teeth.

 

What can happen if you don’t brush and floss?

 

If you don’t take care of your teeth you can lose them! Not only that, but you are putting yourself at increased risks for dental decay, gum disease, and weakened teeth. Flossing is a great help in preventing gum disease, and gum disease has been linked to heart disease. If you do not floss, you are increasing your risk of coronary disease.

 

Brushing and flossing as recommended by your dentist Laredo can also help to save you money. If you do not keep up with your oral hygiene you may require expensive dental work in the future. It is vital to your health and the health of your teeth that you brush, floss, and visit your dentist Laredo TX as recommended.

 

Unfortunately even with proper brushing and flossing problems can still occur. Visiting your dentist Laredo as recommended can ensure that if there are any problems, they will be caught at an early stage. Usually if caught early, damage is reversible.

 

If you are not sure how to properly brush and floss be sure to ask your Dentist Laredo TX. To schedule an appointment for a checkup or another procedure, call (956) 717-8899.